Zoner GIF Animator 5 is an extraordinary tool for creating and editing images, especially Web banners, in the animated GIF format.
The new version 5 provides unique tools for directly creating "trick banners" (animated GIFs with simulated Windows controls), without using another graphics application. Trick banners generally have the highest click-through rate.
Other new features/abilities in version 5: adding vector graphics (e. g. clip art) in the WMF and EMF formats "rendering" (restoring) animations' original frame states, a texture generator, support for Adobe Plug-Ins, a transformation tool for rotating and resizing frames and trimming bitmaps, the option to give frames a solid (alpha) transparency of 0-99%, and an improved algorithm for optimizing animations (minimizing their file size).
Other abilities and features: support for text frames, including advanced editing functions, merging frames, "tweening" (blending) between frames, frame drag-and-drop, support for all frame-refresh methods, titles for all animation frames, easy definition of animation borders, lockable borders, frame printing, frame rotation and flipping, creating empty bitmap frames, distortion effect, export of individual frames to bitmaps.
Bitmap import: GIF, JPG, PCD, MAC, PNG, TIF, TGA, BMP, DIB, RLE, ICO, WPG, BMI, and PCX, animation import: FLI, FLIC, and AVI.
"Optimization" commands -- to minimize animations' file sizes: dither frames, trim frames, remove comment blocks, remove titles, remove special features (convert vector graphics, TrueColor bitmaps, and simulated controls into the ordinary bitmaps used in aGIF frames), use difference method, create global and/or local palettes, and set palettes' color depth precisely.
Zoner GIF Animator: http://www.zoner.com/binary/zga5ustrial.exe
ImageForge Standard: http://cursorarts.swmirror.com/imf_fw.zip
ImageForge is a complete image editing program for retouching photographs, creating or modifying images, assembling .avi animations, generating slide shows or picture albums, producing Windows screensavers, and more. You can produce outstanding results from your own photos and artwork.
A partial listing of ImageForge Features includes the following:
1) Preview window, with zoom and other controls allow you to edit with pixel-level precision;
2) Soft and patterned brushes;
3) Clipart brushes for painting with a series of images;
4) Scatter and Spatter tools;
5) Special Effect Filters;
6) Clone tool for reproducing areas of an image for retouching, etc. You can even clone between two open images;
7) TWAIN device support for scanners, cameras, etc.;
8) Semi-transparent "Intensity" control for painting, text and pasted items;
9) Normal, Fill-to-Border, and Color-replacement flood fills. Options to use patterns, gradients, and semi-transparent fills;
10) Gradients and Patterns;
11) Crop, Enlarge, Resize, high quality Resample, Skew, Rotate by Degree;
12) GIF and AVI animation, plus export to BMP filmstrip panels;
13) Tools to produce and distribute your own stand-alone .exe image Libraries, complete with viewer utility, editor, transitions between images, install program, etc. Use to create family albums, portfolios of your work, screensavers, slide show presentations, and more;
15) Support for many image formats, including .JPG with adjustable quality and compression, GIF (normal, transparent and animated), PNG, etc.;
16) and many more powerful features...