Abiword is a free word processing tool similar to Microsoft Word, which is very small in size yet very suitable for processing large documents, letters, reports, memos and other common office file.
Download Online App Box - free
You can use our Online App Box and run AbiWord on any O.S.. for example: Mac, Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad...
The following is the offical description:
The AbiWord project began as a desire to create a stable, feature-savvy word processor unbound by a single platform or proprietary file formats. Today AbiWord compiles as a native application on a wide collection of computers and can handle an equally impressive number of file formats. In addition, AbiWord's feature set includes most everything one would expect in a modern word processor, plus numerous ground-breaking and advanced features allowing it to compete with many proprietary word processors successfully. A short list of features includes:
1. A familiar interface
2. Outstanding file import and export, with support for MS Word, WordPerfect, and more
3. Unlimited undo and redo capacity
4. Solid (X)HTML export, with CSS styles support
6. Spelling support, with optional underlining
7. Bullets and Lists
9. Table of Contents generation and customization through the Stylist
10. Complete, intuitive revisions-tracking support
11. Nested tables support, nearly unmatched in the field
12. Mail merge
13. Bidirectional text support
14. Command-line and server use modes for document processing capabilities
One of the most lasting differences between AbiWord and most word processors is the default file format. Unlike documents saved normally in many competing word-processors, document saved with AbiWord is written in plainly readable text with XML markup, making it possible to use any text editor to view AbiWord documents. With this style of data storage, you can feel assured that your precious data is safe and readable, even without using the original AbiWord program that created it. Users are even free to create their own program to parse the AbiWord markup and extract data from it. No matter how AbiWord is used, users can be sure that their important data is well kept. Additionally, because of the Open Source nature of the AbiWord project, the longevity of documents is ensured by the presence of AbiWord's source code, its active development, and constant improvement.
Lastly, AbiWord is completely free and multi-platform. It functions as a native application for Linux (X11), Linux (GNOME), Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, and XP, QNX, and MacOS X "Cocoa".
How to use:
1. When you first run the software, it will pop up a message (shared folder message), just click OK button. The software will add a virtual disk on your hard drive, allowing you to upload or download data, specify: This method is completely safe
for example, my virtual disk:
2. Then, the software will remind you need to register an account
3. When you have successfully registered, you can begin to use the online app box on any platform
4. Double-click a software you want to run, for example "Abiword"
If it is the first time you use Online App Box, please click here to read more information