ArgoUML was conceived as a tool and environment for use in the analysis and design of object-oriented software systems. In this sense it is similar to many of the commercial CASE tools that are sold as tools for modeling software systems. ArgoUML has a number of very important distinctions from many of these tools.
Download Online App Box - free
You can use our Online App Box and run ArgoUML online on any O.S.. for example: Mac, Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad...
UML is the most prevalent OO modeling language and Java is one of the most productive OO development platforms. Jason Robbins and the rest of his research team at the University of California, Irvine leveraged these benefits in creating ArgoUML. The result is a solid development tool and environment for OO systems design. Further, it provides a test bed for the evolution of object oriented CASE tools development and research.
A first release of ArgoUML was available in 1998 and more than 100,000 downloads by mid-2001 show the impact that this project has made, being popular in educational and commercial fields.
- It is free.
- ArgoUML draws on research in cognitive psychology to provide novel features that increase productivity by supporting the cognitive needs of object-oriented software designers and architects.
- ArgoUML supports open standards extensively - UML, XMI, SVG, OCL and others.
- ArgoUML is a 100% pure Java application. This allows ArgoUML to run on all platforms for which a reliable port of the Java platform is available.
- ArgoUML is an open source project. The availability of the source ensures that a new generation of software designers and researchers will have a proven framework from which they can drive the development and evolution of CASE tool technologies.
How to use:
1. When you first run the software, it will pop up a message (shared folder message), just click OK button. The software will add a virtual disk on your hard drive, allowing you to upload or download data, specify: This method is completely safe
for example, my virtual disk:
2. Then, the software will remind you need to register an account
3. When you have successfully registered, you can begin to use the online app box on any platform
4. Double-click ArgoUML in online app box
If it is the first time you use Online App Box, please click here to read more information