Cover Expert is a professional solution with a user-friendly interface for creating high-quality virtual covers, box and ebook shots for your products contributing to their promotion and sales on the Internet. Saving you time, Cover Expert allows you to achieve the desired final result in a few mouse clicks. A powerful graphics engine, any complex scenes that you like, a large number of supported image formats – all that will allow you to make your creative ideas come true without limiting your imagination.
- dynamically creating complex scenes consisting of several objects (Box + CD, DVD + DVD Box etc.);
- a powerful graphics engine supporting the reflection and half-transparency effects in real time;
- rotating, moving and resizing each object in the scene in real time;
- image formats for textures: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, ICO, TIFF, TGA, PCX, WBMP, WMF, EMF, J2K, JP2, JBG, J2C, JPC, PGX, PNM, PGM, PPM, RAS;
- saving the final image in the formats: PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, TGA, JP2, JPC, RAS, PNM;
- dynamic lights, soft shadows and the reflection of the whole scene in real time;
- changing the background color, setting transparency for the background;
- high-quality rendering with the resolution up to 3000x3000 pixels;
- rotating and repositioning the camera and the camera target in real time.
Cover Expert: http://www.deluxeray.com/coverexpert.exe
Insofta Cover Commander: http://www.insofta.com/download/covercommandersetup.exe
This is a typical designer's task: create an image of a product box, book, manual, DVD, CD, Vista box, card (etc.) for a web site, electronic presentation or a paper publication. In the past, this was done by photographers. It's a long and expensive process. Photographic images aren't perfect, have resolution limitations and you can hardly edit them. Today, designers normally use 3D-rendering software. Synthetic images are perfectly clean. You can use various visual effects and transparent backgrounds to smoothly embed your graphics into existing designs. Additionally, you don't have to set up another photo session if you need to change something in your images.
There's still a downside, though. You need to own an expensive 3-rendering package and you need to be familiar with it. It takes time to create even a simple model.
Your best option is to use a specialized 3-rendering application that does not require advanced knowledge in 3D design and allows you to create a professional graphic in minutes.
Unfortunately, most of the available programs of this kind are rather limited. They render a simple texturized parallelepiped. They use the 3D-rendering features of your video card that are normally intended for games and not for professional designs.
Cover Commander from Insofta uses software rendering for maximum quality and does not require any specific 3D acceleration hardware. The program includes a wizard that allows you to create an image in a few quick steps. The process of creating an image is highly customizable yet contains a set of presets for each step for fast and effortless customization. You start with a basic scene template: a box model, a box with a CD, book, manual, DVD-box, a 3D-screenshot, etc. The other wizard steps allow you to select images that you wish to put onto the 3D objects, set up light sources, shadows and reflections. The resulting image can be exported into a range of graphic formats, including PNG with alpha-channel.