It is used to decode the Escaped-encoding URL.
Escaped-encoding, or sometimes referred to as percent-encoding, is the standard of representing characters within a URI that may need special syntax handling to be correctly interpreted. It uses a sequence of three characters to encode the character to be interpreted. This triplet sequence consists of the percentage character “%” followed by the two hexadecimal digits representing the octet code of the original character. For example, the US-ASCII character set represents a space with octet code 32, or hexadecimal 20. Thus its URL-encoded representation is %20.
Applications may automatically escape reserved and unreserved characters, or automatically un-escape an escape-encoded sequence within a URI, if there is potential for it to be incorrectly interpreted by the remote application. This conversion may be due to the position of the character or escape-encoded sequence within the URI. For example, "%7e" is sometimes used instead of "~" in an http URL path, but the two are equivalent for an http URL.
Because the percent "%" character always has the reserved purpose of being the escape indicator, it must be escaped as "%25" in order to be used as data within a URI. The RFC for URI encoding recommends that care should be taken not to escape or un-escape the same string more than once, since un-escaping an already un-escaped string might lead to misinterpreting a percent data character as another escaped character, or vice versa in the case of escaping an already escaped string.
Useful Character Escape Code:
URL Escaped Encoding Decoder: http://www.bosseye.com/dlfree/escenc.zip
PCLCodes Translates, Debugs and Disassembles today's complex HP PCL print streams. It's the perfect tool for learning PCL. PCLCodes can extract download bitmap fonts from a PCL file. PCLCodes can show a ASCII character representation of raster data in a PCL file. PCLCodes is the most powerful debugging tool for PCL3 thru PCL XL on the market today.
PageTech has been a leading developer of PCL transformation solutions since 1993. PCLCodes has been continually enhanced and updated in support of PageTech's in-house needs to debug PCL for it's flagship products: PCLTool SDK and PCLWorks.
- Supports PCL3, PCL3GUI, PCL4, PCL5, PCL5e, PCL5c, PCL6(XL)V3 with JetReady V4.2.
- Extracts HP bitmap fonts from PCL print files for use in other applications.
- Strips HP bitmap fonts from PCL print files to reduce file size and eliminate redundantly downloaded fonts.
- Inventories PCL escape codes.
- Flags invalid PCL escape codes.
- Displays and ASCII character representation of raster data objects in the PCL.
- Generats font metric character width tables from download bitmaps fonts in a PCL file.
- Windows Version: and 32-bit or 64-bit Windows platform
- 1 User License is $29 with no page volume limitation.
- The PCLCodes Program Demo is for evaluation purposes only.