Free program, which allows you to change/replace multiple letters and phrases at a time.
It is easy to create and save lists of changes/replacements, so that you can reuse them.
You can even paste replacement table from your spreadsheet (e.g. Excel/Calc).
wReplace resembles Notepad. Like Notepad, it works with plain text Unicode files.
* Character conversion - changing one set of characters into another. Also, removing diacritics (accents).
* Romanization (latinisation) - conversion of a text written in a non-Roman alphabet into Roman alphabet.
* Transliteration - writing down a text (or a word) written in one alphabet with letters of another alphabet.
* Cyrillization - conversion of a text written in a non-Cyrillic alphabet into Cyrillic alphabet.
* Transcription (phonetics, phonemics, phonemic orthography) - writing down phonemes of a spoken language, so that you can reproduce them later. Also, you may write down phonemes of one language using letters of another.
* Simple substitution cipher (e.g. ROT13, ROT47).
* Morse code conversion.
wReplace is an excellent tool for national characters conversion into standard set of ASCII characters. This is useful because many programs do not correctly display non-ASCII national characters; for example, programs which display film subtitles sometimes have this problem. The change/replacement is run according to a pattern (Diacritic to ASCII) available in the program.
wReplace is useful for language learning. It allows you to convert between different notations/writing systems, and to approximately phonetically transcribe text. Possible applications:
* Japanese, text conversion both ways: Romaji - Hiragana, Romaji - Katakana, Katakana - Hiragana.
* Russian; Cyrillic, conversion into Latin phonetic transcription ISO 9-1995.
wReplace can be used free of charge.
Aldo's Text-to-WAVE: http://www.aldostools.org/text-wav.exe
Convert text, web pages, PDF and MS Word documents into audible documents in WAVE, OGG or MP3 formats. Great tool for read emails or create your own audio books, improve your memory by repetition, learn foreing language pronunciation, read jokes, news, bible or any text and listen documents on the road in your CD or MP3 player while you drive, walk or perform any other task. Use the intuitive graphical user interface for interactive text conversion, speak *ANY* text copied to the clipboard from any Windows application while the program is minimized in the system tray or use the command line interface for automated text to audio conversion.