SharpReader's user-interface is a combination of that of a web-browser and an email program. Like a browser, it has an address bar at the top that allows you to view a feed without forcing you to first subscribe to it. Like an email program, it has a familiar three-pane user-interface with subscribed feeds on the left; item-headlines at the top-right, and item-contents at the bottom right.
Download Online App Box - free
You can use our Online App Box and run SharpReader online on any O.S.. for example: Mac, Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad...
You can organize your subscribed feeds list by adding categories and by reordering your feeds using drag-and-drop. Select a feed to view its headlines, or select a category to get a combined view of the headlines for all feeds in this category. Reorder headlines by title, date or subject. Mark items read and unread. Select a refresh period per feed or per category. Filter items by text or age. Navigate to the next or previous unread article using the <Ctrl-Up> and <Ctrl-Down> keyboard shortcuts. View your news your way!
SharpReader can group articles in two ways: if you select an individual feed, all articles in that feed will be displayed. If you select a category, a combined view will be presented consisting of the articles of all feeds in this category.
There is also support for threading of articles. If you are subscribed to several weblogs that post items in response to one-another, SharpReader will recognize the links between these articles and allow you to expand an article to show the related posts (either links-from, or responses-to) right below it in the message-pane. This makes it much easier to read a thread of articles (this functionality only works if these rss-feeds contain full contents - SharpReader will not automatically traverse links to scan webpages for this functionality).
SharpReader makes it easy to subscribe to new feeds. This can be done in one of the following ways:
- Enter the feed url in the address-textbox at the top and press <Enter> to load the feed. If you want to subscribe to the feed, click the Subscribe button in the toolbar after the feed has loaded.
- Drag and drop a rss-link from your browser into the address-textbox to load the feed.
- Click a radio userland subscribe button.
- Drag and drop a rss-link directly into the tree-view to load the feed and subscribe to it in one step.
- Instead of dragging/entering a rss-feed url, you can also use the web-page url itself. SharpReader will scan the source of the page for a link to its rss-feed and (if present) load this feed.